Thursday, August 26, 2010

Here I am!

First, I want to appologize for not having updated this thing lately! I have be SO busy with settling in, getting internet figured out, and going through registration, orientation, and job searching. Thanks for putting up with the delay!


God kept dad and I safe as we traveled down on Thursday and I didn't have trouble driving until we hit OK City :D. I've gotten honked at at least twice, but for the most part, it's just like driving in Lincoln except the people here are more polite. I have never met a more polite people than I have here!


Opening days consisted of a Red Hawks Baseball game that was held in Bricktown USA When we first got there I saw this really cool Cow print PT Cruiser that said "Honk If U Luv Chicken!". It was a car for Chick-fil-A, a popular fast food restaraunt down here.
The game was boring for the most part, but it was interesting. They started throwing prizes into the crowd and a soft baseball landed between me and Amanda's mom and she let me keep it as a souvenier :D
On Saturday, we went to Frontier city and rode a whopping total of TWO rides! Dad and I rod the ferris wheel and the bumper cars. I'm glad that I didn't ride any rollercoasters because the ferris wheel actually made me kinda scream :D. Amanda and her mom stayed behind and got more settled into the dorm, so dad and I spent the day together.

I will post more tomorrow; I need to leave because the cafe is closing. Bye!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In all honesty honey, the way you drive I am surprised that you got honked at ONLY twice. Miss you